Friday, December 23, 2011

A true spirit of Christmas story that happened to my family tonight!

Today, my kids and I received gift cards from my sister in Montana. She knows I struggle in the winters especially at Christmas.

She sent me a $50 gift card, and each of the kids a $25 one.

Almost always, when I receive a gift card in the winter it goes for necessities like food and non food grocery type items that are always needed, you know toilet paper, shampoo and such. I have also often added some of my cards to the kids, to cover the tax, or bought them hot food for that days meal.

Today when we left the house I informed the kids I was going to get  myself something special and was not sharing my card with anyone. I also put a lid on the fighting and arguing letting them know that we would head home and wait to do "our shopping trip" after Christmas if they started up anytime during the trip.

Well all was going great, we got our purchases, and one of the kids even gave mom 4 bucks extra to cover her new goodies. I actually had gotten some craft supplies that I had wanted for a long time.

Here is a pic Mariah took on her cell phone, she was being silly, she took it into a mirror!



We headed for the car, and it would not start. It was obvious it was the battery. I have been driving my Chevy Blazer Van all winter with know issues with the battery at all. I guess when it dies, it dies.

A nice guy offered to give us a jump, and he had a really cool battery charger with green yellow and red indicator lights on it. He explained to me that they tell you whether the battery is completely charged, or the alternator is bad or the battery, if it is charging, etc.

After about  45 minutes of messing around with the connections and him running his truck to rev up my battery we came to the conclusion that the battery was toasted.

So he left, I took my $54 worth of purchases in to the customer service to return, to buy a battery instead.

When we got back to the battery section and I got a guy to help me figure out which battery I needed for my van, we discovered the one needed for my van was about $79. I told the guy, I guessed we would have to leave the van here and figure out how to get home, and hope it wasn't towed, cuz I only had the 50. The guy said, he would override the price and give it to me for $50.

Not only did he do that, he came outside in the 28 degree cold weather and helped me put it in and then told me to take the old one to the service desk and they would give me 9 dollars cash back for it. I was so grateful, I feel that there really are Christmas miracles and stories of wonderful people.

I wanted to share this story because I know everyone appreciates to hear a story of Christmas Spirit and Walmart deserves to get the wonderful credit, you usually only here about the bad things that happen there on the news.

So I hope sharing this puts a smile on your face.

I came home got warm and am going to bed tonight so grateful. I am appreciative not only of the kind young man who helped me, but is supervisor who allowed him to come outside and help me, the wonderful cheerful and loving attitude he had the whole time we worked it all out.

I am also really grateful to the kind man and his fiance who took over half an hour to try and get me going by trying to jump my dead battery.

I always have been a Walmart customer, but this truly shows that they take care of their customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment