Monday, October 31, 2011

Made an Easy Peasy 10 Minute Blouse/Top Today!

Today I decided to start my winter sewing. I haven't sewed for quite a while and I wanted to make something that I can be proud to wear since I have lost about 45 pounds since May.

I bought this bolt of pink knit at a garage sale this summer. I had in mind to use it to teach my daughter, Mariah how to sew, but she does't really care for the color, (she says it too much pink. :o(

So I decided to experiment with some different, (wear around the house) tops and see what I like best in pattern selections before I commit expensive material to a project.

I saw a shirt just like this at Target and they 18 bucks. I looked at it and thought, no way, I could so this up in a half an hour. Then the other day I was searching sewing tutorials and found this one.

http://ohjennymae.com/?p=1765

She already did the math, she has versions for toddlers, children and adults in google docs ready for you to download.

Thanks Jenny!

 Boy they must be right about a picture adding 20 pounds or is it the color pink. This doesn't flatter my weight loss at all, :(

But I said I would put a pic up so here it is. Off now to go trick and treating at the college dorms with my 10 year old son, Levi.

1 comment:

  1. Well, we are back from Trick or Treating at PLU Dormitoriums. Both boys have a ton of candy. Since Jordan is allergic to peanuts we had to go through and take all those out. Since I am dieting, most of them will go to Mariah, who was stuck home tonight studying, she is a freshman at TCC. (Tacoma Community College) First quarter, just passed midterms, she really feeling the pressure right now. ;(

    Levi was Harry Potter. He got so many compliments on his costume, I will upload a pic tommorrow, got make sure they are getting themselves to bed right now.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete